........A Chicago area beauty blogger's foray into day-spas, med-spas, and countless beauty counters........

(Anything in BLUE or GRAY within the text is a LINK to more information)

Confessions Of A Skincare Junkie: Clarisonic Mia Facial Cleansing System

Some people like electronics, some like food, some like clothes....

.....me, I like skincare products.

Show me a new lotion or potion or ultrasonic tool with the promise of eternal youth or beauty, and I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Don't get me wrong--I like electronics too (they hate me...a story for another day), I like food (anyone got a cupcake I can have?), and oh yes I looooove clothes, but skincare, it's not judgmental. Having a fat day? Skincare products don't care. Not good setting up electronics? *raises hand* Skincare products could care less.


That's why I love the Clarisonic Mia Cleansing System ($149). It comes in all the colors of yummy sugary treats in a candy store, but without the calories and future cellulite. ;)


What does the Clarisonic Cleansing System do, you ask?  Without spinning or turning which could possibly irritate skin, it uses sonic waves to breakdown makeup, dirt, and oil in the skin so your face gets 6 times cleaner than cleansing with out it. For you this means anti-aging products work better (20% better for vitamin C serums!), moisturizers can penetrate deeper, and cleaner skin means less breakouts. It's a revolutionary way to wash your face!

One tip-- make sure to remove the brush every day or two, rinse the inside of the head and let the system dry or there's a build up of soap scum.



Any cleanser can be used with the Clarisonic Cleansing System, but I like to use creamy, vegan, cruelty-free MD Skincare All-In-One Cleanser, then some de-puffing, organic,100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream, a light lotion, and SPF 30+ and POOF I'm good to go!







(Update 4/17/12: Since this post, the Clarisonic Mia has been reduced in price to $119!)