........A Chicago area beauty blogger's foray into day-spas, med-spas, and countless beauty counters........

(Anything in BLUE or GRAY within the text is a LINK to more information)

Exfoliate Me Now: Personal MicroDerm System (PMD) & Microdermabrasion

I've already diagnosed myself as a skincare junkie. I can't help myself----I'm covered in skin, how am I not supposed to be obsessed with it? It's everywhere! ;)

I've always loved getting microdermabrasion treatments at the medspa. If you don't know, microdermabrasion is a treatment that uses either aluminum oxide crystals, diamond crystals, or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) crystals to exfoliate the skin. It's safe, effective, there's no down time, and it leaves the face looking radiant after the treatment. They run anywhere from $95-$130 at most professional offices in the Chicago area, and depending on a person's needs they may get a treatment every week for 3-6 weeks to reduce wrinkles or acne, or just a couple times a year to make skin look fresh when it starts to dull during the season changes (that's what I do).


My obsession with skincare treatments and microdermabrasion increased in January when I found Personal MicroDerm System (PMD) for home use.

No, it's not a substitute for, or as good as getting a professional microdermabrasion treatment at a dermatologist's office or medspa (those are hard to beat), but it is good for in-between visits, and I actually don't use it much on my face, which is what you would do at a pro's office.


Instead, I buy the PMD medium grit replacement disks and use it to make the skin on my my neck, legs and arms even more silky smooth...

Yep, that's right, I've taken to sand-blasting my skin from head to toe. :-D

And I LIKE it!

No, it will never beat or replace microdermabrasion by a good aesthetician at a medspa or dermatologist's office, but it is definitely a fantastic complement to those treatments.


Are you following PLBB on Facebook