........A Chicago area beauty blogger's foray into day-spas, med-spas, and countless beauty counters........

(Anything in BLUE or GRAY within the text is a LINK to more information)

Living Proof RESTORE Hair Care Line

Apparently PolyfluoroEster is one of my best friends. I just didn't know it until I tried Living Proof Restore shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask treatment.

I mentioned last year that I love Living Proof's FULL Thickening Cream because it makes my hair thicker and gives it control without weighing it down. Chicago wind can blow my hair as strong as it wants, but using FULL means it will fall right back into place yet feel like there's no product in it whatsoever! (It's a hair miracle! ;)

Years of bleach, blowouts, and flat irons have wreaked havoc on my blonde locks (and let us not forget about the hot rollers and curling irons of the 90s...ahem!). I noticed a few months ago that there's more hair on the floor after a blowdry and more breaking off when I brush. No, no, no--we can't have that! Time to seek out a new hair miracle, for sure!

So I headed out to Sephora to find a treatment that could keep my fragile strands from splitting and breaking. After spending an hour in the shampoo section reading bottle after bottle, claim after claim, and Googling on my phone, I ended up with Living Proof RESTORE products.

Using a molecule created by those smarty-pants at M.I.T., Living Proof has managed to control moisture in hair and put a weightless protective layer on each strand to keep hair soft, strong, shiny and manageable! Gotta love it!

So a few days ago "it" finally happened....I was in the cosmetic section at Nordstrom when someone asked me what I use on my hair because it looks so good. Yes, I did secretly SQUEEEEEEE inside! Luckily, we weren't too far from the hair care products, so I turned around and handed her a bottle of Living Proof telling her she proved to me it's worth every dime! :) 

I will say I wouldn't bother buying the shampoo/conditioner ($28 each), AND the hair mask ($42) again. I'd choose either the shampoo & conditioner OR the mask because using all three doesn't seem to give any additional benefits to my hair, and my hairstylist told me that using all together could end up causing hair to start breaking again (too much of a good thing, so to speak). I'd recommend using the shampoo & conditioner and then find a once-a -week moisturizing hair mask like Redken  Real Control Intense Renewal Moisturizing Mask which is only $16 instead of $42.

Living Proof products are available at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom and online, and do NOT contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan or any other "bad stuff!"

Have you used the Living Proof haircare line? Come over to Facebook and tell all about it!