........A Chicago area beauty blogger's foray into day-spas, med-spas, and countless beauty counters........

(Anything in BLUE or GRAY within the text is a LINK to more information)

DDF Mesojection Antioxidant Serum

I went on a Sephora binge last weekend. I hadn't beauty shopped in awhile and I went a little crazy indulging in some new products I hadn't tried. Sure, there may have also been some shoe, dress, and Victoria's Secret purchases too....maybe....can't quite say. ;)

I was looking for a new antioxidant product to try, and found both Philosophy Miracle Worker AM pads and DDF Mesojection Antioxidant Serum. I told you about Philosophy in a previous post, but DDF is a brand I haven't used before. DDF claims the Mesojection Antioxidant Serum penetrates "14 layers deep in to the skin's surface." Since last time I checked there are only 3 layers of skin: epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous tissue, I'm assuming they mean all the "sub-layers" within each layer, up until it reaches the glands and vessels. (Whoa...too much anatomy!). It's also supposed to reduce free-radical damage by 24%, so it has a nice level of protection.

The antioxidants in Mesojection serum consist of acai berry (this is a good one!), scavenol from green tea, emblica glycol complex (to sough off skin cells and make it more luminous), and matrixyl humectant complex to plump skin and increase collagen production. It also uses "Virtual Path Technology" which, from what I can gather, is just a fancy term for soaking into the skin quickly! It's also, like most antioxidants, supposed to be good for all skin types.

All of these are good things, so for $84 I threw it in my Sephora basket!

The product says to use it day and night, but I've always learned to use antioxidants during the day to protect from all the yuck we encounter, and use retinols at night, so that's what I'm doing with it. Upon first use, there is no odd scent, it absorbs into the skin quickly, and lotion, eye cream, and sunscreen go over it easily. Makeup also applies smoothly.

Of course, because it takes several weeks for cells to turnover, I won't know how well it works for awhile, but I'll keep you posted on all my new skincare purchases!

Are you following PLBB on Facebook?