........A Chicago area beauty blogger's foray into day-spas, med-spas, and countless beauty counters........

(Anything in BLUE or GRAY within the text is a LINK to more information)

Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

It's been gone for a few years now, but I really do miss Almay Moisturizing Gentle Gel Eye Makeup Remover. Mainly because with a nice thick gel, I could squeeze a little onto my index finger and thumb and gently rub JUST my eyelashes with the product without rubbing the skin on my eyes. That skin is sensitive and prone to wrinkles and damage, so I don't want to pull on it anymore than necessary! All other brands require a pad, cotton, or tissue, meaning you're tugging and pulling on that delicate eye area. Maybe if the marketing people at Almay (or Allure magazine who have always sung the praises of the brand's eye makeup remover pads) had explained this to consumers, the product would have lasted... 

I've tried many brands since Almay took away it's gel formula. Bliss and some other brands have eye makeup removers that they call "gel" and are promoted as oil free (personally I don't care about oil-free for eye makeup remover--most "oil-free" formulas irritate my skin), but the formulas hurt my sensitive skin, and the consistency is so thin that you can't put it on fingers and lightly grasp just the lashes. This means more tugging on the skin! Noooooooo!

A few weeks ago I discovered Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. It's the closest replacement I've been able to find to the discontinued Almay gel product. It's still a bit thinner than the Almay gel, but it is thicker than other brand's "gel" formulas, plus it's hydrating and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. It has a nice scent, a mild "cooling" sensation, and requires less tugging on the delicate eye area than any other removers I've tried. Plus, it's only around $6-$7 in stores like Walgreens. Bargain! I do wish it was a tiny bit thicker to allow more control in order to put it just on the lashes, but overall I'm happy with it and will continue to use it....

Well.... unless a good gel remover appears again.... ;)


Are you following PLBB on Facebook?