........A Chicago area beauty blogger's foray into day-spas, med-spas, and countless beauty counters........

(Anything in BLUE or GRAY within the text is a LINK to more information)

Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Rehydrating Cream: AKA My New Favorite PM Moisturizer

I was wandering around a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Indianapolis on a concert weekend with a friend (where a very smelly male sales associate in need of some shower time hosed my friend down at the Bond No. 9 fragrance counter without her permission!) and made my way over to the Kiehl's counter to see what's new.

I've mentioned in the past that I love Kiehl's Double Strength Deep Wrinkle Filler despite it's terribly depressing name, but they now have a new moisturizer: Rosa Arctica Rehydrating Reactivating Cream with Rare Regeneration Flower (the samples I have say "regeneration flower," the website says "resurrection flower...") Kiehl's really has a thing for descriptive names, I'm noticing.

I have no idea what regeneration/resurrection flower is, but a Google search is telling me it's the "Rose of Jericho" and that when completely dried out, if submerged in water for 3 days, it  regenerates and comes back to life! What?! More like ZOMBIE flower! ;)

Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Cream $60
Needless to say, this is supposed to be an excellent moisturizer. The woman at the Kiehl's counter at this particular Saks told me that any time plant extracts are added to a cream, they help moisture adhere to the cells and plump the skin temporarily. No idea if that's true since she made it clear she wasn't a Kiehl's representative.

I wasn't ready to drop $60 on a 1.7oz jar, so the sales woman gave me a couple samples to try at home. After using Rosa Arctica for 5 nights, I'm ready to commit! This product is a fantastic night time moisturizer! I know Kiehl's says to use it twice a day, but that doesn't work for me. After it's applied, the skin is a bit tacky or slightly sticky, and it stays that way so I don't think makeup will go on smoothly. But for evening, it's wonderfully moisturizing and doesn't leave skin even the slightest bit oily. It's great during the humid Chicago Summer, and I'm guessing it will be even better in the extremely dry winters.

The only other thing I could wish for with this product is that Keihl's would make it into a night HAND TREATMENT and even a lip treatment...!

Go try a sample and see for yourself. I think you'll like it!


Are you following PLBB on Facebook?